Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Friends...A Breed All Their Own

I have the most diverse, interesting, intelligent, loving, funny, genuine, talented, beautiful, annoying, aggravating and irritating friends in the world. I honestly do not know what I would do without them.
My 3 best friends are Summer, Jennifer (aka "Fer"), and Jenni. These are my girls...my blood. I love them dearly and each for different reasons. Summer...the wild one. (without whom...I would never know the people i'm going to mention. I sware...you're like the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"). Oh, the times we've had! We go back a long way. Over 20 years! daycare to present. You are my Romie and i'm your Michelle. You make me a funner person just by being around you. I can't believe you're a mom. Allow yourself to be great. I love you my sister from another mister. Jennifer...my fer-baby. My cynical touchstone. You always tell me to go for what I want in life. Challenge me to leave my inhabitations behind. Think outside the box and go big or go home. Without you we'd never eat as a group or have a free bed & breakfast. Jenni...my favorite Canadian and fellow musical lover. You make me want to be a kinder person. Have a better attitude and generally love life more. I am so glad your family moved here and I met you. You couldn't ask for better friends...and I don't even like girls.

My boys are next. I'll tell ya...a girl is lucky if she has guy friends like I do. We have the most riveting conversations about: current events, jokes, football, hunting, police codes, guitar chords, etc. Most of which I chime in to say Ew! and What? Even though the list is long. I'd like to mention a few. Howard...thank you for loving music as much as I do and being a good boyfriend to Fer. You are going to do great things and have no idea how talented you are. Never give up on your music! Tres...my Tres Tres. Thanks for your tomatoe gravy, your comedy routines and always having a smile on your face. Tomlin...my JT. Thanks for always being my dance partner and listening when I need to talk. Justin...my Jackers. Thanks for being a good friend, loving sushi as much as I do, making me laugh and generally aggravating the mess out of me most of the time.
The rest of you know who you are and what you mean to me and will be mentioned in another blog later...promise! As I close...I'm reminded of the saying "Your friends are the family you get to choose." and thank God for that.

No comments: