Friday, August 21, 2009

Made in the 80s

Ah...The 80s. The decade of excess, Reagan-nomics, Hair bands, Challenger explosion, John Hughes and Speilberg movies, Bruce Springsteen, Micheal Jackson, Big hair and Mtv. What a great time to be a kid. It was the "Good Time" era. The age of being modern. When old was out and new was in.

I will always remember....watching Mtv when they actually played music videos. Walking around singing..."You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi. Telling my mom I wanted to be Joan Jett or a spokesmodel on StarSearch. Having a My Little Pony Lunch box. Getting a Light Bright for Christmas. And sleeping with my glow worm. Playing SuperMan and SuperGirl with my Dad. We would pin towels around our necks and run around the house pretending to fly. Dancing in my room to Ice Ice Baby and memorizing all the words. Playing with my barbies for hours. lugging my Pink boom box everywhere I went. So I could listen to my New Kids on the Block tape. Joey was my favorite. Dressing up in my poodle skirt 50's outfit to watch Grease. Having a pair of mc hammer pants. That were tie dyed and had "Can't Touch This" on the butt. Getting a playhouse for my 5th Birthday. Watching Miami Vice with my Stepdad. And riding in a limo with my mom on her 30th birthday.

It was a "totally awesome", "rad" time and I could go on and on. In closing, when thinking about all of these little facts of my childhood. Only one word comes to mind..FUN!!!

No comments: