Monday, November 16, 2009

My Soul-Mates

The other day...I got to thinking about Soul-Mates. Can you be so connected with someone that they become an essential part of who you are? And do I or will I ever have one? Being a twenty-six year old single woman, with absolutely no prospects...you can easily begin to have a cynical view of the subject. Seeing your family and friends in love and so happy that they are gitty about their special someones can almost make you feel sick to your stomach. Don't get me wrong, you are so happy for them, but seeing this only reminds you of what you do not have. I know, I know...cry me a river, right? Then I realized, not only are soul-mates real, but I have three! My best friends...Summer, Jenni, and Jennifer. These girls know me better than anyone and I'm really beginning to think they are the loves of my life. We have an unconditional love for one another. Therefore, in the words of Mr. Big, "Any man would be lucky to come in fourth." So, when I'm given the 500th wedding or baby photo to look at with my other family and friends. I tell myself how lucky I am that God has protected my heart and given me these three amazing people to share my life with. I do hope to someday find that special guy to be my mate for life, but until then I'm having a great time with the soul-mates I already have.
To my Sum, Jenni, and Fer...I love you guys!!!
(In picture above...Jennifer, Me, Summer, and Jenni)

No comments: